A small well-funded venture capital team with head office in Sharjah
Supports all aspects and stages of The Company’s projects from the concept development to the launch and execution of operating businesses. Conducts literature and technical research, interprets information to provide recommendations on best practices, products, innovations, solutions and potential partners. Supports on communications with 3rd parties. Develops reports, documentations, presentations and proposals. The position requires hands-on involvement in the development and implementation of new ventures. Reports to the Senior Associate or Associate.
- Conducts in-depth research & analysis, writes reports, and presents key findings to direct supervisor in professional visual manner
- Collects various forms of data in a well-organised manner to support ongoing projects, analysing the results to identify patterns and data sets
- Liaises and works with third-party research vendors and other relevant parties if and when required
- Executes a wide variety of special assignments and administrative tasks related to research projects including proofreading reports & numerical data and developing MS PowerPoint presentations
- Manages relations with potential product and service providers in support of ongoing projects. Communicates requirements, obtains quotations, negotiates terms and manages communications and the delivery of sourced products/ services
- Networks with experts in the fields of business relevant to The Company’s projects. Collects information and initiates discussions as needed to obtain required insights and knowledge
- Contributes to the documentation of project deliverables including reports, presentations, concept documents, proposals, business plans, market studies and financial models
- Designs and maintains appropriate filing and data retrieval systems in order to ensure ease of access to required information/documents at all times
- Keeps accurate records of the research findings, conclusions, communications and progress of assigned project tasks
- Keeps accurate records of project progress through various project management platforms and tools
- Reports to Senior Associate or Associate on all issues related to the progress and completion of project components under own scope of work
- Communicates with internal teams and other functions within the company to obtain the support required to finalize project tasks. Ensures following internal policies and procedures at all times
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and benchmarking professional standards relating to own work. Recommends subsequent actions.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance and/or Economics, Social Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Between 2 -3 years’ previous experience within a PE or Investment Banking environment.
- Relevant experience in any of the following functions: management consulting, private equity / principal investments, investment banking / corporate finance (mergers & acquisitions)
- The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit; demonstrate creativity and unconventional thinking. The candidate should be resourceful, a self-learner and a team player and have a passion for working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and analysis
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English & Arabic (Preferred)
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent understanding of various research methods