A diversified, multi-line investment institution licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
Support the Investment Banking team in various investment projects and portfolio management activities. Build professional relationships with international advisory firms to support the company’s objectives and growth plans.
- Undertake initial investment review and screening of potential investment opportunities against the company’s investment criteria as well as track the company’s investment pipeline
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities using a range of strategic, financial and operational tools
- Build extensive financial models, including sensitivity analysis, to support potential investment opportunities and provide inputs for strategic recommendations
- Conduct financial data analysis in order to assist in critical financial decisions. Help in determining and negotiating financial aspects of investment projects (e.g. mergers & acquisitions, structuring of transactions, etc.)
- Draft investment papers and presentations for submission to the Investment Committee
- Participate in investment/M&A transactions from inception to closure, including the active involvement in all aspects of the due diligence process (commercial, financial, and technical), transaction structuring, preparing/review of investment documentation, and manage post-investment projects.
- Monitor existing portfolio companies’ performance – work closely with management teams and leverage internal resources to enhance company growth
- Ensure the company’s interests are fully and effectively represented across the portfolio of investments, through oversight and involvement as appropriate
- Provide hands-on support to portfolio companies whenever required
- Maintain frequent reporting by preparing monthly/quarterly update reports for submission to the Executive Committee
- Contribute to the development of new investment / business opportunities pipeline by conducting targeted research and providing recommendations in relation to the identification of new opportunities consistent with the investment strategy and growth plans of the company
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms, investment banks and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct detailed research and analysis across various sectors at request of senior management
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard for senior management
- Liaise with external and internal parties on corporate finance / investment matters as required
- Exhibit and maintain excellent and supportive relationships internally within the company
- Conduct regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending relevant conferences and seminars
- Keep abreast with latest financial news, relevant sector news and corporate finance best practices – recommend subsequent actions to senior management
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- MBA from a globally-recognized top ranked business school, and / or CFA / Chartered Accountant is a plus.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ previous experience, within a similar position
- Relevant experience in any of the following functions: management consulting, private equity / principal investments, investment banking / corporate finance (mergers & acquisitions)
- Good command of oral and written English
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including financial modelling in Excel
- Proficiency with MS Power Point