A full retail network of 100+ stores of the leading food service Chan.
Purpose of the Role:
Based in the head office in Riyadh the COO’s main role will be to manage the full retail network (100+) stores of a leading food service chain, harmonizing the network, implementing processes and uplifting the customer experience. The candidate will have complete management of the business, ensuring ROI through constant growth, maximizing sales and profitability by providing effective leadership, support and advice to all members of the operational team. Responsible for overseeing the financial, operational and commercial aspects of The Company’s business, ensuring establishment of the brands and the highest levels of customer satisfaction, while adhering to the quality standards.
• Overall development, operational and financial management of The Company’s business on a day to day basis.
• Design and regularly update the infrastructure of The Company’s business, so delivering the business plan milestones.
• Deliver stores for development in accordance with The Company’s 5 year business plan and annual development schedule, as approved. In doing so, the jobholder is responsible for formulating the business cases to support investment in new stores and the CAPEX spend on all new stores.
• Accountable for achieving budgeted targets of revenue, food costs, gross margins and expenses and ensuring that these are commensurate with prevailing industry standards. The jobholder must be able to display a full working knowledge of the P&L statements and to appraise the management team of strategic actions to be taken, both proactive and corrective, to enhance business performance.
• Delivery of management reports to the Directors in accordance with the agreed framework.
• Protect and maintain the assets of The Company’s business, namely structural, equipment, brand and intellectual property.
• Initiate and manage sales & marketing initiatives to maximize revenues through effective brand development, new product development and promotion of the product range and brand identity.
• Maintain exceptional standards of product and service delivery that is consistent with customer expectations and with The Company’s standards of excellence.
• Ensure that management and staff respond proactively to all customer issues, queries and complaints.
• Create a world class team by developing and promoting talent from within the brand and/or by recruiting from the local or international markets as necessary. In addition, build and maintain a succession plan to ensure maintenance of a team of highly skilled managers for The Company’s business.
• Work collaboratively and proactively at all times with support functions, i.e. Finance, IT, Property, Legal, Marketing, HR.
• Liaise with government departments & local authorities to ensure that the business continuously meets local laws and guidelines. Manage all third party relationships (e.g. Legal, Audit, Principals, Product Manufacturers and Supply Chain) to ensure that the business adheres to statutory and legislative requirements. In doing so, responsible for ensuring that binding manufacturing, procurement and supply chain contracts are established with third party suppliers.
• The jobholder must ensure that the individual development schedules are adhered to and that all systems manuals are applied to protect the individual brand dynamics.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
• A Degree from a recognized university and preferably with an MBA
• At least 15 years total experience with at least 5 years in a similar leadership position in the F&B / Hospitality, ideally in Saudi Arabia or the Middle East, with a track record of delivering significant profitable growth within a restaurant business model and developing industry leading teams.
• Exceptional communicator, with the ability to build strong relationships and to influence strategic development through the presentation of a clear and well supported vision.
• Strong planning and organization skills required to ensure that all tasks and objectives are carried out in a timely manner according to the agreed business strategy and priority levels set. Strong time management & planning skills are required to ensure that all aspects of the business are effectively managed.
• Should have adequate experience of working in multi-cultural environment and owning leadership of a diversified team of staff.
• Essential to have experience with rapidly expanding groups
• Essential to have a previous responsibility for and thorough understanding of P&L
• Preferably Arabic speaking