The Company is looking for an Executive Chef to be part of the development and operational team for different concept and type of cuisine.
The Company are currently developing 5 new F&B concept and need a passionate Executive Chef able to handle the kitchen to be part of it. From healthy concept to burgers, the person should be creative with a variety of different cuisine.
• Develop recipes in accordance to the concept
• Develop kitchen layout
• Determine the kitchen equipment necessary to the concept and operational work (OPEX / CAPEX)
• Plan menus for all food outlets in accordance with the concept
• Lead and organize testing
• Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas always.
• Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
• Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; project annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; take corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Attend food and beverage staff and management meetings.
• Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Interact with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests.
• Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
• Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
• Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment always.
• Handle different outlets at the same time
• Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
• Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
• Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
• Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
• Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
• Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat coworkers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- A University Degree
- 5-10 years experience as an Executive Chef, and previous experience of managing multiple restaurant units at a senior level
- Fluent in English
- Culinary and management diploma
- Proven different type of cuisine
- Knowledge of Food nutriments and benefits
- Excellent skill in menu creation
- Pre-opening & Opening experience
- Recruitment & training experience
- Computer skills (excel, email, MICROS)