A large local family office real estate division
Facility management oversight for the commercial and residential portfolio. Provide the properties tenants the highest quality of service as per the company policy and support other departments technical requirement wherever it is applicable. close follow up for the team to achieve the set targets with minimum cost and assure the best productivity of service providers and team members. Responsible more than 70 premises including around 1000 unit.
- Implementing high quality services (Maintenance, security, housekeeping, landscaping and specialist services), including required preventive maintenance in order to minimize the break downs, improving the service provided to the building which is an added value for the property and will reduce the operation cost.
- Supervise the steps of receiving; reviewing and organizing all documents related the properties in order to have proper and clear history and records for any future requirements. The documents including but not limited to (Drawing, warranties, manuals, Annual contracts, invoices, communication.)
- Review and approve the materials requests by supervisors and service providers with concerned departments and suppliers to assure smooth operation and improve productivity.
- Assuring having all the annual maintenance contracts renewed and in place for all the systems and equipment wherever the required works done by third party.
- Assist in hiring and interviewing the staff and service providers and monitor their performance.
- Review daily operation of the staff and service providers to minimize the unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems, identify improvement opportunities and be at site for providing technical advice where needed.
- Communicate directly and indirectly with the tenants and service providers to insure the implemented works are in line with the company guidelines and authorities regulations.
- Participate in the taking over of new developments to reduce the amounts spend for repairing the defects and the snags after handing over completion. Or to assure documenting the found defects on the proper time to back charge the related parties the repairs cost.
- Accomplish tasks for all areas of operation and provide support to other team members when required by direct involvement. Improve the safety knowledge of the department staff by giving proper training, tools etc., follow up and review the safety records to uphold the department safety standards.
- Estimate, plan and manage the operation CAPEX and OPEX
- Manage OPEX and CAPEX budgets versus the requirement of business to reduce the impact on progress of work.
- Maintain smooth operation with less delay although the resources of materials and vendors are limited. Dealing with different service providers, authorities, staff at different levels of responsibilities and try to maintain good relations with them for benefit of department operation.
- Assigning the work priorities to maximize on capital & resources.
- Introducing energy saving methods to the senior members of the team to ultimately impact the business unit performance.
- Contribution to the management of departmental monthly budgets.
- Assigning and appoint contractors to carry out works other than doing them in house due to their size or nature.
Desired Qualifications & Skills Required
- Minimum 12 years experience in maintenance and service field with at least 7 years in real estate operation and maintenance
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical is preferred)
- Fluent in English, knowledge in Arabic and/or URDU is preferred
- Understanding of financial contents, budget (CAPEX/OPEX) preparation and management
- Able to communicate with other departments heads or executives, to ensure smooth operation and highest costumers’ satisfactions.
- Negotiations skills with seniors, suppliers, service providers and costumers.
- Able to communicate with subordinates and technicians and other staff.
- Knowledge of preparing reports and recommendation for department head.
- Able to review the offers, contracts and agreements and highlight recommendations to the department head
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand all technical drawings, manuals, offers and contracts.
- Communicating with procurement, leasing departments and contractors.
- Knowledge on buildings services, systems, and structure design, construction, commissioning, operation and preventive maintenance.
- Familiar with authorities standards, regulation and rules (DEWA,DM,RTA, police ….etc.)
- Able to work under pressure and tight time frames.
- Ability to handle emergency calls from staff and properties (24×7).
- UAE driving licenses is must.