CFO / Finance DirectorGo Back
A startup taking advantage of the current trend in Cloud based Hospitality business
As would be the first senior hire in the finance department the Finance Director will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the Company, provide management information, business advice and decision-support analysis to division leadership, ensures that the information and advice is delivered in a timely and accurate manner and that company policies and procedures are followed. Additionally, the role provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the division.
- Responsible for the financial planning and analysis to support the core business and new strategic business development.
- Establish, design and implementation of the company’s finance strategy.
- Plan, organize and direct the financial management and analysis of the activities and the investments.
- Ability to analyze new business opportunities and establish financial performance metrics for new business initiatives.
- Developing and Maintaining Finance Goals, Business partnership, financial leadership and advice
- Foster appropriate interaction with the business to help achieve goals – growth, productivity, profit improvement
- Ensure that financial policies and procedures are followed
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems
- Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the region
- Work closely with Owners in the business and Finance function
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Provide insightful financial information timely and consistently; highlight issues and risks
- Model financial plans and results; report on appropriate performance measures; interpret and comment upon results
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis and information reports
- Work with External Auditors and Regulators as appropriate
- Business/budget planning
- Lead the budgeting/financial planning activities for the region
- Liaison with Finance function
- Functional leadership
- Demonstrate active leadership across the broader group’s Finance organization
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- 10 + years of Finance experience preferable in a high growth environment and at least 5 years in the region
- Prior financial reporting and analysis experience, with responsibility for a finance organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related degree; MBA preferred
- Young and Dynamic with Investment and Startups Background and solid International Experience.
- Must have strong financial and accounting skills, strong commercial acumen and excellent financial management control skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Regarded for exceptional judgment
- Strong analytic, forecast and budget experience
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Business acumen
- Experience managing and coaching a team
- Track record of change leadership and innovative thought