A well reputed multi-national construction company in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for all accounting activities and related financial aspects of the business. The FM will lead the entire accounting team, implement accounting policy and direction and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial statements and relevant performance drivers. Being a custodian, the FM will instill governance to enhance the short and long-term value of the business.
- Lead the financial accounting and reporting team
- Build the capabilities and succession within the team to ensure continuity and a high-level of performance.
- Assume overall responsibility of financial reporting function to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all financial reports including interim and annual financial statements and results in accordance with IFRS.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure smooth and timely completion of interim and annual audits.
- Develop; implement and monitor, internal policies, procedures and controls to ensure robust checks and balances are in place for proper and effective governance.
- Effectively utilize IT/business systems to ensure proper and effective control and integrity of information required for effective decision making.
- Oversee and continuously improve forecasting process by effectively working with the various stakeholders.
- Support the CFO in managing the treasury activities including monitoring the cash position and effectively managing and forecasting cash flow.
- Communicate with banks, negotiate fees and ensure optimal utilization of available funding options.
- Pursue continuous improvement opportunities in processes and procedures to improve working capital with a laser focus on receivables and collections
- Continuously review finance processes and identify areas for improvement including automation of processes to ensure optimum utilization of resources.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or equivalent field of study.
- ACCA, CMA, CPA, CFA or equivalent is designation desired.
- A minimum of 2-3 years direct managerial experience working with one of the international Auditing firms
- Direct experience working with construction or real estate firms is highly desired.
- Experience working for international or multi-national organizations is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of and reporting experience based on IFRS.
- Sound functional knowledge of ERP and business reporting systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in accounting functions and areas.
- Demonstrated ability to enforce compliance and build/streamline processes.
- Proven skill in examining, developing, recommending and implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic is a big plus.