A leading investment and advisory firm based in Dubai
The primary role of the Compliance and Internal Audit Manager is to provide the executive management and Audit Committee with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the organizations governance, risk management, and internal controls. The Compliance and Internal Audit Manager will evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Compliance and Internal Audit function is part of the overall control/risk management system established by executive management and the Board of Directors. The Compliance and Internal Audit Manager will functionally report to the Audit Committee and administratively report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide assistance and assurance to the Audit Committee in the discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
- Develop a Risk Based Internal Audit Plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology.
- Implement and manage changes to the overall Audit Plan, including, any special tasks or projects requested by management or the Audit Committees.
- Responsible for the overall budget for the department
- Lead, Manage, plan, budget, and establish objectives and determine organizational structure of the Compliance and Internal Audit department to ensure a continuing efficient audit operation, compliance monitoring and effective supervision of work in line with the Compliance Policies and Procedures and Internal Audit guidelines.
- Respond to and investigate allegations of fraud and other financial wrongdoing including those received through the corporate whistle-blower program.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with external auditors and regulators.
- Manage the annual audit fee negotiation process and present results to the Audit Committee for approval
- Coordinate Audit activities with those of the external auditors and regulators to ensure proper audit coverage, elimination of duplication of effort, and improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Development and maintenance of a constant relationship and dialogue with the stakeholders on internal controls, governance, and risk management related matters to support the performance of the businesses or functions.
- Regular interactions with the management and participation of the internal audit in various committees, sub groups, forums etc. to provide consultancy and advisory role.
- Review audit results, evaluate the findings, lapses and weaknesses with a view to recommend improvements in the current operating practices and procedures. Communicate any finding of a serious nature to CEO and Audit Committee to take immediate corrective action
- Prepare periodic reports to management and, as appropriate, to the Audit Committees providing information on the status and results of the Audit Plan, the sufficiency of Audit Department resources, and company’s system of internal controls, status of the significant audit recommendations with their implementation, and Investigations into fraudulent activity.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, financial management or similar degree; MBA or Master’s Degree. CIA (Certification in Internal Audit). Other professional certification (CA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CMA, CRMA) would be preferred
- Minimum 8 years of total work experience in Internal/external audit in the Middle East, within relevant sectors with exposure to investments and financial market
- Comprehensive knowledge of Investments/Financial Services practice and theory
- Experience in managing and reviewing of auditing structures and audit results in investment companies.
- Strong professional track record and experience in compliance and internal audit in public companies.
- Arabic Speaker
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, GAAP, GAAS and COSO internal control framework
- Knowledge of internal/external audit, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/ trends in Compliance and Internal Audit
- Understanding of current accounting and audit principles, policies and internal controls
- Ability to perform accounting/ audit research, analyze data and summarize findings in a professional written form
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements within the UAE, current good corporate governance and compliance as well as international internal Audit standards and requirements
- Deep understanding of investment companies
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong character stressing integrity and independency
- Staying on-task to completion, particularly in the face of obstacles or other trying circumstances.
- Ability to identify and set priorities, plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining effectiveness and self-control
- Cooperating with others and working toward consensual solutions to achieve the group's objectives.
- Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs
- Sets and maintains high performance standards, pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.