A well reputed multi-national construction and real estate company in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Plan and execute internal audits of the Firm and its subsidiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm’s business strategy, policies, processes, risks and controls.
- Validate the Firm’s approach to risk management including assessment and mitigation of key risks to which the Firm is exposed (including fiduciary risks it manages on behalf of its clients).
- Develop an annual audit plan. Lead and execute audit engagements, ensuring audit procedures are appropriate including identifying and defining issues, developing creative audit techniques, conducting interviews as well as reviewing and analysing processes, systems and documentation.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, compliance with policies & procedures, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information and effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities. Establish and ensure sustainable monitoring and follow-up activities, recommendations and action plans.
- Report regularly to the Audit Committee on the audit plan and status of implementation of remediation plans put in place to improve internal controls.
- Share best practices and recommend programs to strengthen internal control and compliance environment.
- Work with different business units in developing, refining and documenting of internal controls and business process improvements. Maintain strong relationships with all areas of business to facilitate changes in the control framework. Coordinate with Compliance in implementing recommendations and facilitating internal control improvements.
- Manage an appropriate interface with external auditors contributing effectively during the year-end financial audit.
- Keep abreast of new or technical subjects required to support audits (e.g. market risk, regulations & guidelines, financial instruments, IFRS etc).
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- At least 8 years’ internal audit experience, out of which 4 years at management level within the financial services industry or working with the big 4 consulting firms.
- ACCA, CA, CPA, CIA or equivalent is designation desired.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of best practice internal audit, control and governance frameworks and methodologies in financial services is essential.
- Should possess highly developed communication and influencing skills. He/She must be capable of quickly interpreting information along with the ability to challenge constructively and persuasively.
- Finally, the incumbent must be politically astute with a self -confident demeanor and mature interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic is a big plus.