One of the leading business groups in the UAE which owns and manages a diverse portfolio of six companies encompassing several key industry sectors.
Develop and implement the Group's Compliance Management strategy, policies and framework. Engage and work with the Group's Business Units to assess compliance risks and establish and implement compliance management, monitoring and reporting of compliance information across the Group.
- Manage the Compliance function by developing and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines as part of an overall Compliance Management System alignment with the Group's vision and corporate strategy
- Lead the process for continual identification and assessment of compliance risks across the Group and the development and implementation of appropriate action plans.
- This will be carried out in close collaboration with BUs as they will take an active role and take ownership of the planning and execution of Compliance.
- Ensure the management and employees of all Business Units follow the applicable standards (internal and external). Act as an independent review to ensure that all compliance issues or concerns within the Group are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Ensure that any non-compliance with laws and regulations identified are escalated to the Board of Directors/Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee through Chief Legal Officer
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Compliance function, provide expertise, encourage teamwork, align work processes in order to achieve high-performance standards, and meet targets.
- Provide reports on a regular basis to keep Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts within the Group.
- Maintain records of compliance activities, including any complaints or investigations.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Carry-out special assignments/investigations as requested by the UASG Board of Directors and/or based on whistle-blower input.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Chief Legal Officer.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous experience, within a similar position within UAE
Top 5 skills; Top 5 abilities;
- Reading Comprehension – Problem Sensitivity
- Active Listening – Inductive Reasoning
- Critical Thinking – Oral Expression
- Systems Analysis – Deductive Reasoning
- Speaking – Oral Comprehension