A privately owned, multi-disciplinary British company with offices in Baku, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Tbilisi and Belgrade. Established in Baku in 1997, it has evolved to be amongst the leading providers of construction and oilfield services to the global Oil and Gas industry.
Based in Baku the Operations manager oversees the Oil & Gas projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints.
• Oversees establishment of Scope of Work, Cost Estimate, Schedule, Project Execution Plan, Weekly Status Reporting, Change Orders, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of the operational process, including coordination with clients and ensuring the right service / product is applied. Coordination with vendors;
• Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
• Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Ensures sound project controls are established and maintained throughout execution.
• Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project, based on established deadlines;
• Controls delivery of materials and equipment to O&G sites;
• Confer with other managers monitoring of project progress;
• Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
• Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
• Daily correspondence checks from stakeholders, subcontractors, suppliers.
• Making daily tasks lists and delegating responsibility;
• Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Keeping up to date with any policy and legislation changes;
• Perform other duties as assigned;
• Provide leadership and assistance where needed within the company;
• Preserve confidentiality of the company’s business activities and customer information;
• Cooperate with the management of the company in order to achieve legal compliance and meet our own Quality, Health & Safety and Environment standards;
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• A degree in Mechanical engineering, Hydraulic engineering
• At least 10 years of Oil & Gas related work experience
• Excellent planning, resource management skills;
• Fluent in English
• PC literacy (MS Office Programs)
• The ability to travel regularly