A new high-end gifting e-commerce platform
In this high-impact role, the Director of Operations / CEO, will focus on creating the company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) e-commerce capabilities and be responsible for expanding the new gift platform. This position requires a forward thinking, marketing/business development-focused individual with the capabilities to lead ecommerce revenue generating solutions.
The app is still in development stage with funding secured.
- Full P&L responsibility
- To guide the platform through a successful official launch
- Provide thought leadership, communicate strategic direction and direct the activities of the e-commerce organization.
- Responsible for developing the strategy and execution to create a best-in-class digital consumer experience. This includes customer acquisition, conversion, retention, and customer satisfaction across all consumer touch points.
- Identify new merchants
- Negotiate terms and secure new merchant agreements
- Build strong and effective merchant relationships, and establish long-term partnerships
- Work alongside merchants on identifying the latest market trends to facilitate development and stocking of relevant products for the successful growth of the app
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to increase in sales
- Collect competitive intelligence by constantly staying up-to-date on offers from competitors, and improve on such offers, working closely with merchant partner network
- Support building of marketing partnerships with big brands
- Provide frontline support to merchant partners
- Prepare monthly reports on category performance
- Establish and Manage the Courier Express product across the UAE.
- Integrate the courier delivery chain to deliver seamless last mile delivery.
- Generate monthly and weekly reports to share results with management at head office.
- Monitor and analyze the current KPIs and create new ones to deliver best results
- Analyze the routes performance and profitability.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree in Business with MBA preferred
- At least Ten years of experience in e-commerce with at least the last 3 years within the GCC
- Minimum of 3+ years of senior strategic consumer marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer organization with a strong online / ecommerce / digital presence
- Results-oriented self-starter with record of accomplishment of excellent results in a fast-growth environment
- Must be able to substantiate a clear understanding of consumer and media trends, and the development of market strategies and campaign outcomes resulting in significant growth of customer/revenue base within a competitive environment
- Creative / innovative thinker, organized /detail-oriented, and team player with a solution-oriented approach
- Keen understanding of leading-edge ecommerce segmentation methodologies and their respective role in marketing communications
- Forward-thinking, marketing/business development-focused individual and can lead ecommerce revenue generating solutions
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to consume and understand data, work with decision analysts to get to clear results and analysis
- Exceptional skill in verbal and written communications; must also be an excellent listener
- Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities
- Skilled leader of people and organizational leadership
- Skilled at promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including the C-suite
- Experience must include analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of customer growth, website conversion and superior content