Asset ManagementGo Back
A full fledged investment bank under the License of the UAE Central Bank
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing funds and portfolios of different listed equities (based on portfolio and investment strategy) on behalf of The Company and third-party investors covering the Middle East and North Africa capital markets. He / She is responsible for researching on potential investment opportunities that will support investment decisions. He / She is responsible for overlooking and complementing the research conducted by the Asset Management team as well as reviewing models and assumptions and presenting to CEO and management team.
• Generates revenues via fund / portfolio management fees and performance fees based on achievement of financial objectives above specified hurdle rates. In addition to maximizing returns for The Company’s investment
• Develops and maintains relationships with investors, clients
• Manage the portfolios according to the investment strategies and guidelines to achieve investment objective. This includes the main Fund and Discretionary Managed Accounts.
• Support Asset Management Team in building and maintaining Valuation Models by conducting research, building key assumptions, speaking to analysts, and comparing companies being evaluated to peers based on valuation and other metrics.
• Interact with analysts from the multiple brokers we trade though to inquire about various updates in the market and outlooks on specific companies
• Interact with company management to inquire about their outlook/strategy and asking specific questions to help throughout modelling
• Stock selection and Asset Allocation to achieve investment objective.
• Keeps The Company’s current clients informed about the latest market conditions and portfolio performance.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• An undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Administration or similar education, MBA or professional designation is considered an asset.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a similar role within the MENA markets;
• An ability to maintain a strong client focus and build relationships with various stakeholders in a results oriented environment governed by changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Robust understanding and experience of the local and regional securities market.
• Financial Analysis
• Planning and organizing