Information TechnologyGo Back
Software Engineer – Outsystems
A leading Multinational industrial services company.
The purpose of this position is to design and develop digital applications, micro services and backend processes utilizing technologies such as low code development platforms and mobile application development platforms (MADP), and a variety of other frameworks. A person in this role will function as a key contributor and collaborator to breakdown requirements into detailed tasks and utilize relevant design patterns, frameworks and data models in the design, development and implementation of small and large-scale software solutions consisting of, but not limited to, reusable code, web services, web sites, distributed applications, mobile apps and large databases. This role is a demanding, highly dynamic and technically challenging position and the candidate must be passionate about delivering system capabilities that generate value for our users.
- Using modern technologies including low-code/no-code application platform as a service (aPaaS) and DevOps tools to design and develop digital applications.
- Development of responsive web applications capabilities; both for internal and external use.
- Development of mobile applications (iOS & Android).
- Develop integrations with external systems according to the defined architecture guidelines
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Maintain adequate system testing methodologies for all releases of applications developed both in-house and outsourced. Experience with automated test technologies is an asset.
- Evaluate and develop enhancements to existing applications / integrations.
- Fully supports and participates in all stages of Agile methodology including daily standup, story planning, backlog grooming and demonstration. Provides honest and critical feedback during all stages of the process to ensure better development practices and successful solution implementations.
- Utilize best-practice application development methodologies to maximize reuse, reduce duplication, and enable rapid application development techniques.
- Participation in functional specifications, prototyping, and estimation for web development projects.
- Fully documents necessary aspect of the work for easy maintenance, transition and governance needs.
- Troubleshooting and researching to determine solutions to user and system issues.
- Work closely with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Collaboration of outsourced development projects with consultants / vendors.
- Provide support for developed applications using the internal service desk ticketing system
- Responsible for conducting forward learning technology investigations (spikes).
- Drives innovation by coming up with new and innovative ideas for our products and processes
- Approaching development issues by being mindful of user experience, performance, quality and security aspects
- Has an impressive track record in applying deep architectural understanding of web applications to develop and scale successful products and systems
- Capable to contribute to our mission to continuous delivery of our software by working on build and deployment pipelines.
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Self-starter and motivates others with enthusiasm and collaboration.
- Flexible to perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in web application development and design.
- Minimum of two years of experience in mobile application development and design.
- Minimum of one year of development experience in OutSystems.
- OutSystems platform certified is a bonus. If not, willing to be OutSystems certified.
- ????Proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages: C#, Java or PHP.
- Experience with native mobile application development (iOS and Android).
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, SSIS, SSRS would be an asset.
- Strong practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Should have knowledge in Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns.
- Experience integrating with third party web API’s and security protocols.
- Expertise in n-tiered web architectures, microservices architecture, SOA, Web Services and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.)
- Database design and management (MS SQL Server, NoSQL, PostgresSQL and Oracle)
- Experience with Unit testing, automated testing and refactoring tools.
- Knowledge in Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) and DevOps principles CI/CD.
- Experience working with caching frameworks.
- Experience with source code control systems.
- Experience deploying/supporting SaaS applications would be an asset.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of products (Office 365, SharePoint)
- Excellent team work with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Excellent technical and nontechnical communication skills.
- Excellent Problem solving and customer service skills.
- Fluent in English language.