Job Description: The Financial Accountant reports directly to the Managing Principal(s) and is responsible for the complete, day-to-day financial administration of the private investment firm.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all management and statutory reporting of all financial affairs of the company activities are delivered on a timely basis and in accordance with best practice
• Submit annual budgets and reporting of actual costs for all expenses.
• Oversee all day to day Financial accounts across all activities
• Managing the interactions with banks and all investment relationships.
• Produces updated cash flow reports, income and expense statements, as well as financial statements (i.e. balance sheet)
• Handle bill paying for the Investment firm and its principals (partially automated through custodial relationships, cash management and other online resources)
• Assists in the analysis of financial data and extracts and defines relevant information.
• Compiles/analyses and prepares financial information reports, including budgetary forecasting.
• Analyzes budgets to complete financial reports and reconciliations.
• Composes correspondence and communicates with stakeholders regarding budget changes, project status and management decisions.
• Bachelors in Accounting/Finance with 5-7 year of experience
• Freshly qualified CA, CMA, CPA or CFA with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a successful Finance role, either corporate or in a privately-held company of high calibre.
• Prior experience working with a family office is the most preferred option.
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
• Knowledgeable of IT systems, processes, databases, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Combination of business and personal financial administration capabilities is highly preferred
• High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethic
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
• Highly organized with good time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail