A small boutique training and development company. We pride ourselves on the high level of quality we present to our clients.
The Role: Overall management of business development initiatives to generate new leads, identify key prospects and conclude sales. Lead the new business development function and implement strategies and policies which will result in incremental sales that contribute to achieving company objectives
• Generating leads and developing new opportunities.
• Building relationships with system integrators, technology partners, consultants and end-customers.
• Writing technical and commercial proposals
• Creating and giving presentations
• Attending tradeshows
• Negotiating and closing high-value deals
• Following up with customers on pending invoices
• Providing weekly status updates and progress on different opportunities
• Working closely alongside the senior management
- The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1 – 4 years' prior industry related business development experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented
- Comfortable with cold calling
- Experience writing concise, professional, tactful emails
- Detail-oriented, self starter, sticks to deadlines
- Great at web research, and resourceful at non-web research when Google fails
- An interest in sustainability, design, manufacturing, etc