The Company: A large multinational Oil and Gas firm based in Sharjah
Direct Supervisor Finance Director
Job Location Sharjah
Conducts research and provides project execution support to the Finance department team. Assists in the creation and implementation of the company’s financial and investment strategy. Prepares presentations and performs data analysis and financial modelling as required. Reports to the Finance Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Project Execution Support
- Works closely with the Finance team to prepare and implement financial strategies for the entire group.
- Builds and maintains financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist ongoing projects and provides input to strategic recommendations and solutions where appropriate.
- Identifies financial status by analyzing actual data/results and providing trends and recommending actions to senior management.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company’s financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
Research and Project Delivery
- Conducts detailed research into energy markets and energy companies at request of senior management.
- Prepares reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard for senior management and external parties.
- Conducts research and provides recommendations in relation to the identification of new business opportunities consistent with the growth plans of the company.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms.
- Reporting and Working Relationships
- Reports Finance Director on all activates related to own responsibilities.
- Liaises with external and internal third parties on corporate finance matters as required.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all Crescent staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance,
- Legal and related Industrial subjects.
Working and Other Reporting Relationships
Finance Director – Frequent/daily
Senior Finance Manager – Frequent
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of total work experience, including at least 1 year within an Investment Banking Sector or a big 4 professional services firm and ideally some time spent working within the energy industry
Special Requirements and Conditions
Oil and Gas experience
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills in English: Arabic is considered added value
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of the company business and operations
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Multitasking skills
- Alertness & attention to details
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Good reasoning and sound judgment abilities
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Positive attitude
- Excellent understanding and background corporate finance & investment
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and financial modelling skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office Suite)
- Superior research skills for financial advisory purposes (Bloomberg, FACTIVA