Human ResourcesGo Back
Confidential – Large conglomerate – Iraq Operations / Dubai based.
Purpose of the Role:
As a key member of the Management team, the Head of Human Resource will assume a key role in the formulation of the company’s continued growth, strategy and its overall implementation.
Lead by developing and cascading the organizations strategy/mission statement to all staff and implementing appropriate rewards/recognitions and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals and manages the day-to-day operation.
The position is ultimately responsible for creating high talent density where management and employees are overall guided by the same mission and culture throughout the group.
The role will be based in Dubai but will require travel often to Iraq.
• Re-build a full functional centralized HR Department that encompasses best global practices and methodologies make the department world class.
• Ensure that The Company has the necessary organizational culture and values, leadership capabilities (Executive Leaders and Board Members) and functional expertise required to support the strategic investment enterprise. Also drives the shaping and implementation of the human capital governance framework, strategy, policy, processes and tools.
• Develop and implement the elements of a high performing, sustainable organizational framework that achieves operational excellence
• Ensures all Human Capital Operations are effectively managed at The Company Holdings, particularly in areas related to recruitment, employee relations and employee services of The Company Holdings Executive Leaders, Furthermore, responsible for developing and establishing effective total reward strategies, human resource policies and Job analysis, descriptions and evaluations
• Developing and establishing Talent Management, Succession Planning, Training strategy and Performance Management Frameworks for the Executive Leaders, Board Members and for The Company Holdings.
• Improve on staff retention and company turnover and hiring misjudgments.
• Defining and assessing the organizational development by ensuring culture, values and leadership characteristics necessary to support the achievement of the business vision, mission and strategy. This includes the design and implementation of organizational structure alignment, change management frameworks, employee engagement schemes and organizational
• Directs employee relations and development activities. Create a culture of high Employee Engagement through activities and processes which create a merit-based culture for employees and delivers a highly motivated, loyal workforce.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent and an MBA preferable.
• Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) preferred
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in HR with at least 5 years in a leadership role
• Hands-on HR experience working in the Middle East with preferable experience in Iraq
• Experience at working with a company with over 2000 employees
• Experience working in a Holding company structure with experience working in the real estate sector with a construction company or developer
• Leading and managing change
• Coaching and mentoring across various levels
• Abreast of local/international HR trends
• Strong personality that has an understanding of working with Iraqi management and culture
• Excellent communications skills
• Performance Management
• Talent Management
• Employee Engagement
• Talent Acquisition
• Project Management
• Learning & Development
• Organizational Development
• English and Arabic speaking is essential
• Travel and stay in Iraq for periods is an essential part of the role.