Human ResourcesGo Back
A Venture backed leading fintech payment company that was incubated by Facebook in a high growth stage.
The first HR hire for this high-growth startup. With close to 60 people across UAE and Saudi the company is accelerating quickly, and the headcount is following behind. The role here will be to initiate and lead initiatives in support of the People and Culture in line with the Company’s Principles. Being the first hire in the department, this will mean that the person will have to oversee the whole responsibilities of HR including all the admin responsibilities that come with the role.
- Develop and implement the elements of a high performing, the sustainable organizational framework that achieves operational excellence
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of the organization’s business model and organization dynamics and leads efforts to realign/refocus as needed
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team to ensure alignment to the Vision.
- Identify, develop and roll out initiatives, methodologies, strategies, processes, policies, and plans that build a robust, sustainable organization across all departments and functions.
- Through the performance management systems ensure all functional areas have goals which are fully aligned to organizational strategy.
- Identify areas for system/process improvements which deliver enhanced corporate performance whilst maximizing employee engagement.
- Create transformation plans which deliver the required changes.
- Build policies and guidelines as well the company handbook
- Lead, design and implement the recruitment strategy and talent acquisition program
- Understand the most effective sourcing strategies and instill efficient procedures for hiring the best talent
- Identify and develop a network of key stakeholders and build strong relationships and partnerships.
- Manage the recruitment strategy and budget
- Ensure attrition rates and audit scores are up to company standards
Training and Development:
- Anticipate the key business opportunities and/or challenges of the business arising from changing business models and design and establish the best operational solutions for achieving desired results by ensuring the strongest infrastructure, the best people and the most robust and innovative systems and processes.
- Formulate annual plans and program curriculum, ensure effective implementation and evaluate the effectiveness
- Bring in market best practices and new L&D trends, measure and benchmark on the return of investment on L&D initiatives
- Prepare and monitor the related budget and prepare L&D reports
- Directs employee relations and development activities. Provides counsel and training to managers and supervisors regarding positive employee relations and engagement efforts.
- Create a culture of high Employee Engagement through activities and processes which create a merit-based culture for employees and delivers a highly motivated, loyal workforce.
- Serve as a link between employees at all levels.
Qualification & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in HR with at least 3 years in a leadership role essential to have worked in a Startup environment
- Local experience with multinational or technology companies
- Leading and managing change
- Coaching and mentoring across various levels
- Abreast of local/international HR trends
- Excellent communications skills in English and Arabic
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Employee Engagement
- Talent Acquisition
- Project Management
- Learning & Development
- Organizational Development
- Knowledge of Local Labor Law
- Arabic speaking is essential
- This is a young team with young driven founders – you must have an outgoing personality and willing to roll up your sleeves and work above and beyond guidelines.