A small arabic family office
The General Staff Accountant reports to the Controller. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
? Assist the Controller with the day-to day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
? Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies
? Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable
? Prepare and record invoices and collate the supporting documents
? Review expense and tag all eligible costs including staff reimbursements, grants and contracts on monthly basis.
? Review and process expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
? Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and
reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
? Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
? Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
? Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
• Freshly qualified CA, CMA, CPA or CFA with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
• Knowledgeable of IT systems, processes, databases, etc.
• High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethic
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
• Highly organized with good time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail