Junior Accountant – Emirati
A large local family office real estate division
The junior account will work alongside the accounts team in finance related tasks
Staff Task Report:
- Write the minutes of meeting.
- Update Staff Task Report.
- Report to Finance Manager for Staff Tasks, Deadlines and other staff comments and updates.
- Remined the staff for their tasks and deadlines.
- Complete tasks on ad hoc basis as per management requirement.
- Abir Task Building Group wise (A,B,C) wise expenses (GRE, GERE, Heirs & Gargash Center Properties).
- Budget Coding and Building Cost Centre and inserting in eMas.
- Property Valuation Task — Collect all documents building wise.
- Change DEWA Accounts Contacts, Username from GCMO to GRE.
- IT to provide Etisalat Online Services for GRE.
- Review and sign checked by all entries for GRE and Bank Reconciliations
- December 2018 till March 2019 for audit purposes.
Accounts Payable Department:
- Local Purchase Order
- Receive LPO Preparation Request from FM & Leasing Manager.
- Check Supporting and Prepare LPO.
- Requester Manager Signature on LPO.
- Send LPO to Supplier.
- Purchase Invoices & Payments:
- Receiving all purchase invoices related to above companies
- Verifying all supporting document and Approvals.
- If completed Stamp Receiving, if not return invoice.
- Create New Supplier Account for new Suppliers.
- Record Purchase entries.
- Reconcile Vendor Ledger & Supplier Statement of Accounts. Follow up with maintenance departments for reconciled items.
- Prepare Payments.
- Communicate with suppliers to collect their cheques.
- Receive Receipt and Filing.
Petty Cash — Maintenance & Leasing.
- Review invoices of Maintenance Department — Petty Cash.
- Re-calculation of invoices amount.
- Review all necessary signatory approval.
- Create and record petty cash vouchers. Charge GRE of their Expenses.
- Issue Debit Notes against GRE Invoices.
- Record Debit Notes Expenses in GRE Books.
- Reimbursement process.
- Petty cash finalize for cheque preparation.
- Prepare vouchers and cheque.
- Maintain petty cash vouchers in filing.
Utilities Expenses and Payments (ETISALAT, DEWA, EMPOWER)
- Login Online and Download Utilities Bills.
- Record Purchase for Utilities. Reverse Accruals for Utilities.
- Prepare summary of bills.
- Prepare Payment and Get Approvals. Retention:
- Maintaining records of Projects with retention
- Passing retention JVs to transfer cost from Vendor account to Retention Account On maturity receiving retention release request from the Vendors after approval of Maintenance Department
- Forwarding the final invoice for payment after retention period Updating records
- Maintain a file copy during recording entries with VAT
- Monthly Reconcile VAT Ledger
- Verify VAT invoices with all supporting documents and according to VAT appliances.
- VAT Finalizing & Submitting.
- Closing Checking Status
- Make sure all invoices received before month end are recorded.
- Record Standing Journals for Debited Transaction in Prepayment Account.
- Review Vendor Aging Report.
- Maintenance Profit & Loss Balance Reconciliation.
Accounts Receivable Department:
- Maintenance Sales Invoices and Job Cards – GERE
- Create Job cards as per location and cost related jobs. Monthly Reconciliation of Finished Job Cards Send Costing to Maintenance Department.
- Receive Finished and Uncompleted Costing Confirmation.
- Monthly Closing of Finished Job Cards.
- Prepare Job Cards invoices for AUTO Division.
- Submit details to maintenance for Approving for other Job Cards.
- Issue invoices against completed Job Cards.
- Issue invoices against AMCs Job Cards.
- Get Maintenance Manager Signature on Sales Invoices.
- Scan All Documents (Invoices, Finished Costing, Hold Costing, GMGT LPOs & Major Job Cards Supporting's).
- Prepare summary of invoices — Customer Wise.
- Finance Manager Approval on Summary.
- Send Email to Customers and Original by Driver.
- Prepare Letter for AUTO Payment Request against Sales Invoices, Labor Hours & Charged amount through the ledger.
- Send AUTO letter along all supporting's to Auto Division.
- Maintenance Sales Invoices – GRE
- Send Email to Receive Monthly Maintenance Performa Sale Invoices.
- Classify Customers GRE, Owners, External Properties.
- Issue Tax Sales Invoices Against Each Performa Invoice.
- Monthly Provision Income and Reversal for Maintenance Division.
Desired Qualifications & Skills Required
- Emirati National
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- Freshly qualified CA, CMA, CPA or CFA with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
- Knowledgeable of IT systems, processes, databases, etc.
- High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethic
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail