Distribution and LogisticsGo Back
One of the leading EP contractors (Engineering & Procurement) worldwide for mining and mineral processing projects
The Logistics & Buyer is responsible for maintaining optimum stock in all the spare parts, forecasting and planning for their category with the guidance of the supply chain / Procurement manager; Comply with all QHSE and finance policies.
Manage all Import/Export and movement of material, supplies and assets within the Company’s operating countries and its locations. The primary objective would be to manage logistics activity taking into account cost and cycle time considerations while meeting operational objectives
- Forecasting and planning all the international purchases in agreement with the operation budget.
- Analysing operation consume patterns and predicting future trends
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, e.g. spare parts consumptions and discount levels
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract, and following up on delivery to meet the deadlines set by operations and/or project management.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed
- Attending trade fairs, in the region and overseas, to select and assemble a new spare parts pricing. Also visiting sites
- Liaising with operations to insure supply meets demand
- Guarantee best price.
- Replenish stocks to all operation segments based on consumptions on a daily basis
- Order stock for regions while considering lead times and stock turn around
- Ensure the prices of all items are maintained.
- Follow up with vendors for open orders.
- Ensure GRN done on timely manner.
- Ensure smooth payment for all vendors.
- Review approved vendor list with senior supervisor quarterly.
- Reporting – All sea, land & air freight, customs duty, MT .
- Prepare SOP / Process Flow – Development & Management for regional shipments on all modes of transportation including ( DGR and explosives & radioactive goods).
- Customs – Scope includes compliance to customs requirements in respective countries, and managing customs duty costs to a minimum of exposure and conducting regulatory self audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations. Proper maintenance, retention and compilation of customs documents.
- Shipment Tracking – Supports the field with effective tracking methods/system of all in transit purchase orders.
- Warehousing – Monitoring of all inventory turns as well as stocking frequencies against logistics movements.
- Cost Management – Ensure effective management of costs relevant to logistics activity via: Periodic Freight Rate Benchmarks, Identification of Freight Consolidation Opportunities, Process Flow Reviews, Annual Freight Rate Cost Negotiations
- Health, Safety & Environment: Ensure full compliance with HSE policies, in all aspects of the Supply Chain activity
Qualification & Desired Skills:
- Must have Bachelors degree or higher in Logistic, Project Management, or MBA.
- Certificates such as PMP, or Logistics certificates such as FIDIC, CILT, CLP, CLTD are preferred.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and preferably Western Educated. Minimum 5-7 years experience in import/export, logistics, warehousing, is required.
- Expert in INCOTERMS 2020
- Expert in documentation, specially all related to shipping documents, export formalities and import and destination.
- Knowledge in Customs procedures and formalities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills