Business SupportGo Back
A Venture Capital arm of a large corporate based in Sharjah
Lead the development and execution of the Company’s sustainability initiatives, integrating sustainability throughout the Company and its various businesses. Ensure that the Company’s sustainability effort enhances business performance and supports the long-term interests of the Company.
- Serve as the focal point for The Company Enterprises’ sustainability and corporate citizenship activities, applying and implementing the Company’s Sustainability and Corporate Citizenship strategies to maximize the social and business impact.
- Identify and prioritize areas for institutional sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for proactively addressing relevant sustainability issues.
- Formulate action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities to support the Company’s sustainability strategy taking into consideration the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, objectives and performance targets.
- Support and work with the Company’s four platforms to develop relevant sustainability and corporate citizenship strategies and plans.
- Evaluate corporate citizenship proposals and make recommendations to the corporate citizenship committee.
- Lead the corporate citizenship committee that develop, manage and monitor a structured and focused approach towards achieving The Company Enterprises' corporate citizenship objectives.
- Monitor progress of corporate citizenship active partnerships against targets and budgets.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
- Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education.
- Offer expertise and provide support for initiatives to reduce company-wide resource consumption and waste generation.
- Represent The Company Enterprises at events and meetings in the communities in which it operates.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including subsidiaries, business partners, government representatives, not-for-profit organizations, among others.
- Work closely with the communications department to create and implement communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability effort and promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally
Reporting and Communication
- Prepare internal reports to the Executive Board on the sustainability and corporate citizenship activities within the Company.
- Exhibit and maintain excellent working relationships with all The Company staff.
Necessary Skills and Education:
- Must possess highly organized skills with ability to meet the set deadlines and goals
- Proficient communication skills with good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree in marketing and/or communications, public health, social work, education or related field
- At least 7-8 years of work experience with nonprofits and/or program coordination or fundraising organizations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An excellent team player with the ability to prioritize work, especially when some deadlines need to be met.
- Languages must be fluent in Both Arabic and English.