About the Company:
A global technology startup accelerator, one of the most active and successful venture capitalist in the world.
Seeking an Marcomms & Events Associate to support in strengthening The Companies brand in Abu Dhabi, the UAE and the Middle East.
An ideal candidate is highly creative, proactive and team orientated ..
Support in the Success of our current Programs & Partnerships in the GCC: Our programs and clients require a range of marketing, PR and communications deliverables linked to the formation and success of our engagements e.g. via press release drafts/distribution; social media content creation/distribution; branding & collateral development, newsletter distribution etc. You will be key in this.
External Event & Sponsorship Review & Alignments: We are frequently invited to attend and speak at events. You will be critical in identifying, filtering, and selecting key engagements that you suggest we support, and then ensure we have the resources deployed to maximize value to our brand, program and business development.
Imagining, Shaping & Advocating Community Programs and Campaigns: We want to capture the imagination of the tech ecosystem in the Middle East and beyond to drive our mission forward. For that, we will work on identifying creative ways to raise the awareness and momentum that supports in align with the MENA tech ecosystem enabling us to create a stronger market for startups to start and scale.
Manage The Company’s Abu Dhabi and ME Brand: We will rely on you to further raise awareness about The Company’s Middle Eastern brands by managing and taking ownership of the digital channels, cultivating relationships with journalists, brainstorming new creative ideas for us to tell our story.
Developing our Centralized Ecosystem Contact Databases: More and more, we need to engage with our local and international community e.g. VC/angel investors, mentors, tech/innovation thought-leaders/speakers and corporate/government innovators etc.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Past experience in marketing, PR, and communications – particularly in the tech startup/innovation domains.
- Strong creative, multi-tasker, problem solver and out of the box thinker.
- 1 – 3 years past experience in the MENA region, ideally in UAE
- Passion for tech startups and entrepreneurship
- Professional written and verbal communication skills – English (necessary) and Arabic (highly desired)
- Open to travel for work
- Previous work experience or projects with event vendors, video production agencies and journalists
- Proven track record in copy writing and social media community management
- Positive mindset, work ethic and a strong team player willing to get hands on.