About the Company:
A company that specializes in fully integrated PR and Digital campaign strategies, and helped develop and position brands and support overall business goals, for both start-ups and established international companies.
To take full control of your client accounts in Abu Dhabi.
Take full responsibility for your clients which includes:
• Main point of contact for clients including excellent working knowledge of each client and its industry/competition.
• You should be the trusted advisor of each client and the first point of contact for advice/guidance/resolution management.
• Manage mid-scale crisis situations.
• Run client meetings and reviews including negotiation, conflict management, and are able to ‘sell’ ideas and new services to clients.
• Effectively copy checking client material to check message, tone of voice, and accuracy and provide training on this to junior colleagues.
• Write in a variety of formats – press releases, features, blogs, tweets, award entries, proposals, review documents, pitch documents, credentials to a standard that requires no input from senior team members.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of all types of media and therefore be able to advise on appropriate contacts and outlets for campaigns.
• An excellent and established network of contacts and be able to advise more junior members of staff on the best channels to target, ways to shift story angles, and achieve client objectives within coverage.
• A clear understanding of social channels and day-to-day ability to use them (although this will now be happening less often), account managers should also be adapt to developing a social tone of voice for their clients and be able to advise the use of different channels for different needs.
• Understand how different audiences behave online and be able to apply this knowledge.
• Monitor clients’ social channels and be able to advise account executives on broadcasting, tone of voice, content, and creative ideas.
• Evaluate social media and be able to discuss this with clients.
• Be part of a team with good internal communication skills both upwards, downwards, and sideways and generally assist other team members – especially during busy times – along with a commitment to team/company goals. This also includes prompt answering of emails, attendance at team meetings and proactivity in calling meetings when clients need to be discussed. They must live the company values and set a great example.
• Have the ability to identify the right person for open positions helps to ensure the organization secures the best talent for the job.
• Need to be able to build strong teams that rally around the mission and vision of the organization.
• Coach and develop junior members of staff. This includes proactive, timely feedback, constructive advice given in a coaching style and an active role as a mentor to a number of the team. As a mentor, senior managers are responsible for supporting reviews and inductions as well as assistance to more senior members of staff on recruitment, acting as talent spotters.
• Oversee account executives to ensure all client and company administration is managed – contact reports, client files, coverage etc.
• Properly evaluate results for clients including compilation and complete review of documents and presentations.
• Set appropriate targets at the outset of campaigns, based on the needs of the client and appropriateness of KPIs and negotiate these with the client and wider team to ensure buy-in.
• Ongoing awareness at all times of progress against targets and call timely discussions with clients and teams when ahead and behind to develop the most appropriate way forward.
• Active role in sourcing opportunities and winning new business. This would include playing a key role in pitch teams and developing comprehensive and compelling pitch documents. It also includes spotting and creating organic growth opportunities agency-wide.
• Active role in the industry including building a knowledge base of key competitors and a strong network of peers. They should also be actively seeking speaking opportunities to develop key skills and widen network/seek out new business.
• Draft detailed budgets for proposals and also generally understand the commercial aspects of each client campaign (eg fees and markups) and the wider company financial reporting. They should also be cognizant of over-servicing and flag any potential issues to ADs.
• Take responsibility for their own development including highlighting training needs, active discussions with mentors and line managers, appreciation of the appraisal process and a commitment to continuous self-improvement. They should also proactively ask to get involved in activities that will help them grow their skill set.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• 5 years working as a PR, Communications or Social Media Manager or in a related field.
• Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing will be beneficial.
• Proficient knowledge and experience in Social Media and PR-Comms tools.
• Strong management skills
• Conflict Resolution – Should be able to manage conflict and create win-win situations for those involved.
• Emotional intelligence
• Strong communication skills
• Works well under pressure
• Works well alone as well as part of a larger team
• Fluent English – Arabic would be a plus