Information TechnologyGo Back
A newly formed, VC backed FinTech startup. A young company being built by a mature team for an ambitious outcome. This is an opportunity to join the founding team with ample room to grow, develop and be rewarded. Passionate, ambitious and loyal employees will be considered for employee shares.
We are looking for an experienced Product manager to lead the process of understanding and defining what customers need to help develop our app to meet their demands. The PM is responsible for conducting detailed market research, which then should translate the data from the discovery phase into a list of product requirements.
- Getting information from current customers to figure out their pain points can be done through interviews or surveys.
- Gaining insights from potential prospect
- Analyzing the competitive landscape to check what products are available on the market, what customers value about them – this can be done by reading product reviews, testimonials, etc. PM’s must know what the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors are to develop products that give more value to the customers.
- Looking into trend reports, market statistics, industry content, and any available sales data.
- Create a product roadmap to provide a plan for a team with timelines and actions that must be completed
- Decide which features should be prioritized and which ones should be discarded or developed later in the future.
- Produce documents such as Product Requirement Documents and Functional Specifications Documents.
- Present the findings to the leadership to get their final acceptance.
- Closely cooperate with the development and design teams, creating mockups, specifying developers’ requirements, and tracking work progress.
- Participate in the Daily Scrum and Sprint Planning, ensuring the dev team has a clear understanding of the user stories and know exactly what must be developed.
- Work with marketing and design teams to promote the product to get enough exposure in the market
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong Project Management skills (PMP Certified).
- Worked in a startup environment preferable Fintech, past experience in payments / wealthtech etc is key.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Most importantly happy to be part of team environment