Middle East's leading Architecture and Engineering Design firm.
The Projects Director is responsible for managing the firm’s design, production and project management teams.
• Provide management with recommendations on business procedure improvements
• Integrates common practices between all offices
• Reviews all project plans, budgets, outstanding invoices and allocation of work with the department heads
• Maintains monthly meetings with department heads – Production and PM
• Address project issues and concerns along-side DM and PM
• Monitors all project revenues and business plans
• Assign project team along with the CEO
• Develops the project business plan along-side the PM
• Maintains the CEO updated on the business
• Participates in the strategic meetings and provides long-term
• Responsible for developing possible project leads
• Establishes new contacts in the industry along-side our Executive Director
• Prepares proposals in conjunction with the CEO
• Monitors journals, newspapers and other sources of information for possible project leads
• Attends client meetings and presents proposals to clients
• Responsible for completing annual staff performance and salary reviews for Design Managers and PMs
• Accountable for ensuring that his/her staff’s performance goals are attained
• Rewarding and disciplining of staff
• Address complaints and resolves problems
• Interviewing possible hires
• Mentors and develops PMs and DMs
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Requires extensive experience in all phases of design to all disciplines; i.e. architecture, structure and engineering, including substantial and varied experience involving responsible planning and design of complex projects.
• Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, determining project objectives and requirements, organizing programs, and developing standards and guide-lines for diverse project activities.
• Adequate knowledge of FIDIC and other forms of Contracts
• Degree in Project Management is a plus
• Communication skills are of paramount importance. Candidate to demonstrate ability to communicate ideas in a well-organized professional manner.
• Bachelors or Masters in Architecture
• Registered Architect
• LEED Accreditation is an asset
• Minimum 15 years of work experience, including supervisory and project management