A large well established family office based in Sharjah
Supports the overall recruitment activities for the entire company. The key functional areas are screening candidates, scheduling job interviews and administrating tests. Builds and maintains strong relationships with recruitment agencies and other recruitment channels. Coordinates with VP’s and Senior Managers on interview notes and hiring decisions.
Recruitment and Selection
- Handles life cycle of the recruitment from initial screening to employment offers. Undertakes a variety of recruitment activities such as screening candidates, scheduling and conducting initial interviews, administrating tests and checking candidate references.
- Conducts initial assessments for potential candidates in order to determine their suitability and eligibility for job openings as well as company cultural-fit.
- Prepares weekly, monthly or quarterly reports on recruitment activities and progress.
- Builds on existing and develops new business relationships with recruitment agencies and university graduate coordinators.
- Participates in the development of recruitment practices and systems and evaluates existing recruitment methods.
- Reviews and updates recruitment and selection related materials such as job descriptions and testing tools.
- Develops and maintains candidates’ database for future position openings.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports and updates Deputy, CEO about the status of their recruitment requirements.
- Communicates all recruitment activities, needs and progress to the Deputy, CEO and prepares subsequent reports that should include specific recruitment data (e.g. cost per hire and time to fill).
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all departments within the Company to ensure the effectiveness of all recruitment activities.
Continues Development of Positions
- Conducts research on recruitment practices and contemporary hiring methods and proposes recruitment strategies accordingly (e.g. recruiting through social networks).
- Continues development of professional expertise, ideally through the achievement of intermediate HR professional qualification or Recruitment related certification
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Recruitment related discipline
- 8 to 10 years of professional or specialist experience in HR particularly Recruitment and preferably within startup and venture space.
- Must have good experience in VC, M&A, PE and startup recruitment activities.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken & written in English
- Excellent understanding of the company business
- Planning & organisational skills
- Strategic thinking
- Personal drive & commitment to continues learning
- Excellent knowledge of HR practices related to recruitment and selection
- Excellent job interviewing skills
- Excellent Hiring and staffing approaches & methods
- Good knowledge of all HR functions
- Good knowledge of HR information systems
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)