Private Villa construction
A Villa is being privately built and is looking for a Project Manager / Resident Engineer who is responsible for managing all aspects of project development, including project designs, monitoring resources and adherence to quality, cost, and schedule targets. He/ She must effectively manage the implementation of the development project to meet the established project milestones. Assist the decision maker with their project development decisions, acting as their subject matter expert for all project development parameters, and attributes.
- Project Budget (Actual vs. Planned)
- % Of Project Milestones (On-time Completion)
- # Of loss-time, near-miss and HSE incidents reported
- Unplanned Expenses (Claims, Reworks, Quality Issues and Compliance Failures)
- Vendor Management (Contract driven KPIs)
- Project Management (Milestone driven KPIs)
- Risk Mitigation (Risk Mitigation KPIs)
- Civil Engineers
- MEP Engineers
- HSE Officer
- Document Controller
- Government/ Regulatory Bodies
- Designers & Consultants
- Investors / Business Partners
- All Internal Departments
Key Accountable and Responsibilities
- Create an environment conducive to positive team performance to achieve the project’s overall goal.
- Proactively oversee and evaluate project activities, build contingency plans, and execute corrective action on a timely basis to mitigate risks
- Manages vendor contracts to ensure cost-effective means of completing project milestones.
- Manage contracts and procurements with external vendors, monitoring compliance with terms, timelines, and budgets in accordance with SLAs.
- Lead effective collaboration and coordination with external stakeholders to drive project governance.
- Maintain safety at the worksite during construction.
- Ensure that all costs associated with a project are monitored and controlled.
- Ensure the proper allocation of project resources, including personnel, materials, and time, according to the project timeline and constraints.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with consultants and contractors to ensure successful on-time project completion.
- Establish a system for measuring and tracking project milestones and implementing mechanisms for correcting negative variances.
- Ensure compliance with the country’s labor, legislative, fiscal, and health and safety policies
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering; active certification/membership in an professional engineering organization is desirable.
- 5+ years of expertise in a Property Development and Construction industry, with exposure to all stages of project development lifecycle.
- Experience with Villa construction in the UAE
- Certification in CAPM/PMP/Project+ or any other project management certifications of international repute preferred.
- Experience in leading teams of individuals from a diverse background and discipline with demonstrated experience in managing multi-million-dollar projects.
- Proven expertise in fostering collaborative relationships and engaging stakeholders consistently with integrity and trust.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of engineering principles and experience with engineering design.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the engineering team, design team, contractors, consultants, and suppliers to achieve project milestones.
- Ability to effectively control costs and deliver milestones within budget is a must in order to successfully complete the project.
- Be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports that demonstrate the statistical efficiency of projects, the utilization of resources, and the quality, cost, and time-based milestones of the project.
- Possess technical expertise and be able to troubleshoot problems on a wide variety of development projects.
- Ability to design, review, and evaluate engineering blueprints.
- Great inter-personal and persuasive communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project and other reporting and project management tools.
This is currently a project based with over a year left on the Villa construction – but there is scope to work with the large group after completion