Accounting/ AuditingGo Back
A large conglomerate based in Sharjah – Cornich
Posts financial transactions and reconciles accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial data and compliance with all internal/regulatory protocols. Prepares Accounting/Financial reports by analysing related Accounting data. Reports to the Senior Manager
Please note that this role is based in Sharjah
Salary for the role is 16-18K AED plus competitive benefits.
Transaction Processing and Procedural Compliance
- Processes ledger and books entries according to stated Accounting procedures, identifies routine errors and anomalies so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner
- Calculates posts and verifies entries to obtain and record financial data to be used in maintaining Accounting and statistical records for The Company and affiliated companies.
- Performs accounts receivable/payable activities in accordance with The Company Accounting principles to ensure accurate documentation and internal reporting of employee and vendor accounts receivable/payable within the company.
- Ensures that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidelines so that the company fulfils all legislative reporting requirements.
Accounting and Financial Reports
- Creates reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review and verification.
- Prepares summaries of the company’s on-going projects by gathering relevant data and documents such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements.
- Examines and analyses Accounting/Financial statements to assess completeness, accuracy and conformity with the company’s accounting procedural standards.
- Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an on-going basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
- Provides monthly bank reconciliations and ensures proper journals of cash book are maintained.
Data Accuracy and Documentation
- Identifies, investigates and rectifies routine errors and anomalies in data and reports so that all financial data can be relied upon.
- Maintains financial files and information in a way that allows ease of retrieval of information and reports.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Payroll & Cost Control on all work processing activities.
- Should be well versed in creating neat and presentable reports. Preference to candidate with strong Excel VBA, Power query and Power BI skills.
- Liaises with Internal stakeholders and obtains information to enable timely close of accounting and payroll processes.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all Company staff.
- Continuous Improvement of Position
- Maintains professional and technical Accounting/Financial knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications. Shares knowledge with and recommends subsequent actions to senior management.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Added advantage to have experience in Oil & Gas and master’s in Accounting / CA / ACCA,
- 10 years’ previous experience within a large conglomerate
- Managed a small team of employees
- Must have good experience in SAP and Excel
- Candidate should demonstrate strong learning capabilities. Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing higher academic qualification.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal skills) in English
- Excellent organisational skills and planning
- Commitment to continues learning
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge & experience of working in ERP environment, database and related spread sheets
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)