About the Company:
A leading local Architect Firm
The overall aim of the role is to provide expert commercial, contractual and procurement advice to managers across the business. The role is the focal point for all organizational processes and contracts in order to manage their efficiency in line with the needs of the business.
- Identify the vital ingredients in contract formation and establish the most practical formation of the agreements / contracts to adopt for various purposes in line with the applicable Law.
- Have specific experience with the FIDIC forms of Contracts / Agreements and their related implementation in the various design/construction projects. Advise on the implementation of bespoke amendments/particular conditions upon them.
- Identify and advice the common pitfalls in contract formation and appraise the available contractual mechanisms to address them.
- Assist the project management team in the procurement of services process and assist the preparation of subconsultant/subcontractor agreements.
- Provide input regarding the language to be used in formal correspondence in conjunction with agreements/contracts and the law.
- Contribute to the procedures governing variations and participate in variation assessments.
- Identify the various parties’ entitlements under contracts and prepare defenses to claims.
- Documents, lead negotiations and keep a contemporary record of the events taking place during the implementation of contracts and report their associated risks and mitigation measures.
- Prepare documentation and/or provide advice to support adjudication/arbitration/litigation proceedings under the commonly used rules in the GCC.
- Collaborate frequently with the legal counsel.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Architecture / Engineering related field. Architectural background being a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience in a similar role
- Experience that demonstrates skills in contracts management
- Well versed in different forms of contracts, review of claims, claims assessment, claims determination, dispute assessment & management.
- Skill in supervising, selecting, monitoring, and evaluating contractors and consultants
- Should be familiar with providing commercial and contractual advice to project teams, mitigate contract risk and maximize commercial opportunity.
- Good understanding of contractual legal principles, business processes and project management.
- Specific experience of writing service specifications and contractual documentation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the entire architectural process and should possess the managerial capability to lead and direct activities of all project team personnel monitoring technical production on all projects to insure adherence to quality standards at high productivity.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business requirements
- Strong process design and improvement skills, able to analyze and streamline business activities to create best practices within contract operations
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of providing a business/organization with procurement/commercial advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written ability
- Previous experience gained with a large consultancy firm in the gulf region would be highly beneficial, whilst prior experience in KSA is advantageous.
- Excellent communication, writing and computer skills (MS office programs)
- Ability to perfectly communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in other languages, especially Arabic is a plus.
- Diplomatic approach and excellent interpersonal skills
- Mobility, self-reliant, flexible, organized and team player.
- Multi-tasked and ability to handle simultaneous proposals submission in a timely manner.
- Proactive and collaborative attitude towards the role and with colleagues
- Strong leadership, organizational, planning, prioritization and negotiation skills
- Ability and availability to travel throughout the region as and when needed