A small family office based – currently they do not have an office set up, so the role is likely to be remote until the office is set up in 2022.
Working with an Ex Head of Investment Banking in this small family office, you will be expected to work through global PE, pre-IPO, Startup investments from sourcing, pitching, reviewing, valuations, reports, research, modeling and execution. Please note the budget for this role is monthly 20,000AED
- Participates in the investment process from inception to closure, including active involvement in all aspects of the transaction.
- Conducts financial data analysis and develops sophisticated financial models in order to assist in critical financial decisions.
- Helps in determining and negotiating commercial and financial aspects, reviewing legal documents and preparing written recommendations, reports and presentations.
- Independently coordinates due diligence processes (commercial, financial, technical), including writing investment memos and presenting recommendations; compiling transaction documentation and managing post-acquisition projects.
- Helps define the structure and the objectives of each investment with the relevant business group that will support any investments and integrate any product of service into the wider Group.
- Preparing quantitative analysis and qualitative reports on prospective and existing investments. Works on research to develop a best in class structure and strategy for the organization’s activities in sync with the overall investment strategy.
- Monitors existing portfolio companies’ performance, including providing quarterly/annual updates.
- Ensures that the organizations interests are fully and effectively represented across the portfolio of investments, through intensive and frequent oversight and involvement as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external parties (professional advisory firms in finance, strategy, accounting and others) to encourage the continued evolution of the company brand.
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the investment sector.
- Keeps abreast with latest industry news and corporate finance techniques/practices – recommends subsequent actions to senior management.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Preferably holds an MBA from a globally-recognized top ranked business school
- Between 2 -4 years’ previous experience within a PE or Investment Banking environment.
- Relevant experience in any of the following functions: management consulting, private equity / principal investments, investment banking / corporate finance (mergers & acquisitions)
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and analysis
- Good command of oral and written English, Arabic is a plus