Company A leading award-winning Architectural Design Firm.
The role of the Chief Operations Officer is a senior leadership role working closely with the principals to provide leadership and development of the company and to assist in recognizing its strength and potential in national and international markets.
The Chief Operations Officer will proactively lead and manage the team to deliver outstanding outcomes in line with the business objectives, strategies, decisions, and values. You will participate in the innovation of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
Strategic Planning & Development
- Work closely with the Founders to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by HODs.
- Identify opportunities for new value creation.
- Provide direction to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the Company.
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of the market.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the company.
- Build and maintain a departmental structure, operating standards, and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the firm.
- Establish key performance indicators for the management of the operations group.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and lead in their enforcement.
Customer Relationship Management
- Oversee all customer-facing positions (customer care, and professional services) as well as quality assurance, software development activities, and product management.
- Drive our operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Build positive and lasting relationships between the company and its customers.
- Represent us at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community.
- Represent with clients, investors, and business partners.
Financial/ Business Planning & Budgeting
- Work with Founders and HODs on budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation programs.
- Partner with the Senior Finance Manager to achieve favorable financial results concerning sales, profitability, cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting, and controls.
People and process management
- Provide management to staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Motivate, mentor, and lead a high-performance management team.
- Establish compensation, training, and short and long-term goals for the operations groups.
- Oversee the HR function, including recruitment, staff contracts, benefits, and compensation.
- Oversee the development of systems that monitor and evaluate team performance creating development plans that grow the organization’s core capabilities.
- Oversee the quality control of services as well as employee productivity.
Infrastructure and systems development
- Lead all aspects of office management and ensure good working conditions for staff in conjunction with the Head of Finance and Resources.
- Ensure that we invest appropriately in growing both the infrastructure (IT, networks, software) and systems (Financing, Billing, Project Management) to meet the growth demands of the business.
- Lead the continuous improvement of all internal systems to meet the demands of a growing business.
- Bachelor’s in architecture or civil, Design, or Construction industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Ability to develop business processes and management of projects.
- Excellent Commercial Awareness to have a better understanding of how the major players in the market are currently performing and to be able to speculate intelligently about future developments in business.
- Proven work experience Leading a Consulting & Engineering Studio.
- Display passion and optimism; Inspire respect and trust; mobilize others to fulfill the vision; Provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles; Measure self against standard of excellence; Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Develop workable implementation plans; Communicate changes effectively; Build commitment and overcome resistance; Prepare and support those affected by change; Monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Delegate work assignments by matching the responsibility to the person and giving authority to work independently; Set expectations and monitor delegated activities; Provide recognition for results.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; Design workflows and procedures.
- Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain the reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Display original thinking and creativity; Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- UAE / GULF experience is a must.