Company- A highly reputed international beauty supply company.
Job Description: Procurement and Logistics Manager
The Procurement and Logistics Manager plays a critical role in optimizing our supply chain operations by strategically sourcing materials, managing supplier relationships, and ensuring efficient logistics and distribution processes. They are responsible for overseeing the end-to-end procurement process and ensuring the timely and cost-effective delivery of goods and services.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and negotiate favorable terms with suppliers while maintaining quality and reliability.
- Source, evaluate, and select suppliers based on their capabilities, performance, and compliance with company standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, fostering open communication and collaboration.
- Conduct regular supplier performance evaluations and address any issues or concerns as they arise.
- Monitor market trends and supplier developments to stay informed about industry changes and innovations.
Logistics and Distribution:
- Plan and coordinate the movement of goods, materials, and products to ensure timely delivery and cost efficiency.
- Oversee transportation, warehousing, and inventory management processes to optimize inventory levels and minimize stockouts.
- Work closely with logistics partners and carriers to optimize routes, reduce transit times, and manage transportation costs.
- Implement effective inventory control practices to minimize carrying costs, reduce excess stock, and prevent shortages.
- Utilize inventory management systems to track inventory levels, reorder points, and lead times, ensuring accurate forecasting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within procurement and logistics operations and implement best practices.
- Streamline and automate manual processes to increase efficiency, reduce errors, and enhance overall performance.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies in all procurement and logistics activities.
- Mitigate risks associated with supply chain disruptions, quality issues, and other potential challenges.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of procurement and logistics professionals, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Delegate tasks, set performance goals, and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business Administration, or a related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management, preferably in a leadership role.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in procurement and inventory management software and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement strategies, supplier management, and logistics best practices.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle complex situations under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Certification in supply chain management (e.g., CPSM, CSCP) is a plus.