Company – A leading real estate provider
Role: Facility Manager
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Supervise all staff facilities staff and external contractors.
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records.
- Perform analysis and forecasting.
- Any ad-hoc task as management requires.
Specific Responsibilities in Building Handover
- Conduct the Initial Survey of the building to understand the building details (system, Facilities, etc) and prepare a snags report, submit to the Developer and Main Contractor, and confirm closing dates (snags to be done along with the 3rd party).
- Initial the kick-off meeting with the developer for the system handover process.
- Collecting the site information documentation (Asset list, Certificates, Authority approvals) from the developer.
- Ensure all the building compliance documents are taken over from the developer.
- Tendering of all the service providers and mobilization of the service providers.
- Collection of all the Operation manuals, Drawings, and Warranties from the developer/main contractor.
- Ensure all the systems are handed over with proper and approved testing and commissioning reports.
- Prepare the initial takeover snags (MEP, Civil, etc) and coordinate with the Developer and the main contractor for the completion of the snags.
- Prepare the defects liability period snags for the common area and coordinate with the Developer/main contractor for the completion of the snags.
- Ensure the major design/defects issues for the In-unit area are communicated to the Developer and Main contractor.
- Responsible for communicating with the developer regarding the remaining DLP issues/Snags.
- Collecting all data for meters.
- Collecting authorities’ certificates.
- Conduct site inspection and provide QHSE snags to the main contractor.
- Minimum BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration, or relevant field. In addition, membership in a recognized professional institution is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers Minimum 7 years of experience in the Middle East
- Proven experience as a facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking