A long established old small family office based in Dubai – comprising of an Ex Senior Investment Banker as CEO and an assistant – this would be a replacement hire for the current Associate, so 3 employees in total. Location Business Bay.
The Analyst / Associate will lead the efforts on managing the existing portfolio companies and multiple of new investments; will assist in the planning, execution and completion of deals across a wide variety of industries. The role is responsible for participating in the development of the financial models, the drafting of investment memoranda, the research needed, the review of the legal agreements, and quarterly review of the portfolio companies.
Please note the salary level for this role is 18 – 20k AED monthly.
No relocation budget – so candidates have to be in the UAE
- Participates in the investment process from inception to closure, including active involvement in all aspects of the transaction.
- To develop investment summary presentations for new opportunities
- Conducts financial data analysis and develops sophisticated financial models(with analysis, chart, sensitivities, valuations…), investment memorandum, term sheets… in order to assist in critical financial decisions.
- Helps in determining and negotiating commercial and financial aspects, reviewing legal documents and preparing written recommendations, reports and presentations.
- Independently coordinates due diligence processes (commercial, financial, technical), including writing investment memos and presenting recommendations; compiling transaction documentation and managing post-acquisition projects.
- Helps define the structure and the objectives of each investment with the relevant business group that will support any investments and integrate any product of service into the wider Group.
- Preparing quantitative analysis and qualitative reports on prospective and existing investments. Works on research to develop a best in class structure and strategy for the organization’s activities in sync with the overall investment strategy.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with target management.
- To liaise with the Senior management and investment team of target and portfolio companies and co-investors and work with them to ensure regular communication to clients;
- Maintain active communication with target companies to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction and assisting the investment team to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Identify issues and risks and highlight as necessary to the CEO. Monitors existing portfolio companies’ performance, including providing quarterly/annual updates.
- To manage the existing portfolio companies by providing updated quarterly reports including valuation, distribution, capital calls, investment returns… (or whenever there is a key updates) on their performance and key updates.
- To manage an acquisition or exit process based on agreed timeline until closing
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external parties (professional advisory firms in finance, strategy, accounting and others) to encourage the continued evolution of the company brand.
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the investment sector.
- Keeps abreast with latest industry news and corporate finance techniques/practices – recommends subsequent actions to senior management.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Preferably holds an MBA from a globally-recognized top ranked business school
- Between 2- 3 years’ previous experience within a PE or Investment Banking environment.
- Relevant experience in any of the following functions: management consulting, private equity / principal investments, investment banking / corporate finance (mergers & acquisitions)
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and analysis
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues;
- Experience in analytics, cash flow modeling, and participating in the structuring and structured products transactions;
- Understanding of IAS and/or GAAP and accounting procedures is essential.
- Good command of oral and written English, Arabic or French is a plus