Position: Sr. Design Architect
Company: The company is an award winning architecture firm in architecture, master planning and integrated design practices, with around 50 employees
- To collaborate management commercial – risk management and mitigation approach for the assigned project.
- To design and/or deliver components of large projects independently.
- To provide a strong understanding of the local and international codes and manage municipality relations.
- To be involved in stakeholder management especially client relations under the supervision of Design
- To have a strong understanding of utilizing the latest design & presentation software and technology to deliver the project.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Follow our design philosophy.
- Has an interest in design trends and up-to-date design knowledge which shall be shared with the studio.
- Write the design brief.
- Ensure design reviews are carried out at the end of every stage.
- Guide production, problem-solving, and design input on their project
- Produce high-quality architectural/ interior design and strongly participate in producing still images and animations.
- Provide technical support on drawings and documentation.
- Manage sensitive confidential information.
- Work closely with the design team in the review ideation and the evolution of our projects and assist in resolving complex design issues.
- Liaise and coordinate with external consultants, including cross-checking drawings and Revit models.
- Assist the Design Associate in the realization of client briefs.
- Use software to produce progressive and innovative designs.
- Carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the role.
- Inform the team of progress and problems and submit work for review.
- Clear graphic and verbal communication with the client, producing a high standard of the design stage. Reporting as required and on time.
- Apply people management skills with the collaboration of Sr. management.
- Produce drawings in accordance with our guidelines and within project deadlines under supervision.
- Use our file naming and information filing standards and follow quality standards in overall work.
- Understand building construction to at least a basic level.
- Perform personal QA/QC checks of own work and drawings before presenting for review.
- Conduct research on suppliers and building materials as required.
- Fill in and submit timesheets in a timely manner and observe attendance procedures.
Be aware of your responsibilities as an architect, inform the project leaders of issues, and be aware of and manage the risks identified by the project risk register.
Keep accurate records of meeting actions and follow up in a timely manner alerting other stakeholders.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture – master’s optional.
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent software skills – 3D design, Sketchup, InDesign, Vray, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office
- Strong Revit skills (Dynamo experience advantageous)
- Strong Rhino skills (including Grasshopper) highly regarded.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Member of UAE Society of Engineers. Registration with the home country’s professional body is highly regarded.
- Project Management training is desirable.
- 8-10 years of experience in architecture firm – preferably of similar size
- Previous experience in an office environment working as part of a team / leading a small team
- Proven managerial experience.
- Project stages – experience in the design and/or delivery of packages of small projects independently
- Industry Experience – in innovative internationally or reputable local practices highly regarded.
- Understand codes and standards and their application.
- Experience in stakeholder management – sub-consultants (required), client (desirable)
- Experience in leading international architecture projects.
- Strongly combine aesthetic design sensitivity with thorough technical knowledge
- Bring extensive expertise in construction drawing and detailing and demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes.
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy imparting your knowledge and contributing to multiple teams, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills.