Position: Sr. HR Manager- Saudi National
The Company: A big fashion and retail conglomerate.
Location – Jeddah
The role holder is responsible for providing support to the Group HR Director and various Business Units by understanding business issues and assisting in driving key Human Resource activities such as recruitment, operations, learning and development, performance and rewards, and employee relations.
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the Group’s performance management process.
- Develop talent by providing guidance, mentoring, and coaching to achieve the defined goals. Hire, train, develop, and supervise a Team consisting of a Trainer, recruiter, and HR Assistant / PRO
- Ensure the Team fulfills their job duties as they relate to file maintenance, legal compliance, paid time, and leave of absence processing.
- Interviews, general manager and district manager orientations, turnover reduction, store visits and audits, Shift Manager promotions, training classes, and compliance with Municipality
- Conduct quarterly team meetings and annual reviews for all employees.
- Respond and investigate all employees’ complaints and litigation and oversee complaints filed by
- employees internally. Conduct an initial investigation and set up development plans.
- Handle all employee relations issues for store employees and head office employees.
- Provide legal guidance and education to the zone and operational management team.
- Keep current on all state laws that are pertinent to our industry via publications.
- Teach labor law class to the operations management team to ensure the proper education of management and reduce legal exposure.
- Communicate any changes in state laws to the management team.
- Develop training programs and materials.
- Help create and revise employee policies, procedures, and forms. Develop pay scales for various positions.
- Develop methods for the rollout of all new or revised national policies, procedures, and programs. via communication and training classes
- Assess operational needs and develop and manage solutions via annual goals, and training programs. and incentive plans
- Oversee job performance appraisal process for all stores and head office employees including tracking and processing of annual increments.
- Produce annual compensation analysis by store and position.
- Assist in the writing and revision of job descriptions.
- Approve all promotions, transfers, and increases for stores and head office employees and manage within local compensation guidelines.
- Approve all leave requests for store and head office employees.
- Maintain current organizational charts and manage new/revised positions.
- Provide quarterly compensation reports for all store employees.
- Set standards/procedures for all involuntary terminations.
- Manage all letters of release for stores and head office personnel.
- Prepare annual budget for stores and head office and submit a proposal, approve expense reports, and prepare variance reports each period detailing any over-budget expenses.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of HR Generalist experience in a multi-unit environment, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, risk management, compensation, records administration, HRIS, and workers’ compensation.
- Retail Industry Background.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or Equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and computer skill
- Organizational Skills
- Influencing and relationship management skills and prior experience in dealing with a large workforce, with experience in handling Multiple branches and offices.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with Business and HR acumen.
- The candidate must be well-versed in Saudi labor laws and experienced in dealing with government bodies.
- Experience in coordinating with other HR team members is necessary.
- Talent management, performance management, and team motivation experience are essential.